My 75-year old aunt loves the typical Asian tours, with hordes of like-minded seniors comfortably traveling in gigantic, air-conditioned buses. Of course, there are advantages to this type of travel: One has a greater expectation of safety and expects to see the highlights of the destination without wasting much time in trying to find them. Another point to note is the unavailability of literature (at least for non-English speakers) in describing what they are looking at. A guide for a particular group will most likely be able to communicate in the group’s language, making the whole spectacle that much more understandable.On the other hand, there are travelers that love the personal discovery that could only be had by hitting the road on their own. Located in Southeast Asia, Thailand offers one of the most gorgeous opportunities to find your own way. The need to rely on large tour operators is limited, as the country has a cheap and easy transportation structure, with options ranging from trans-country train tickets that start under five dollars to first-class flights to tropical island destinations. Most importantly, the country is manageable in size so that traveling within the borders never take too much of a toll.Such travelers tend to like, or at least do not shy away from, physical activity. Of course, when one visits Thailand for the first time, a couple of days in urban Bangkok are necessary. Skip being outdoors, though, and opt instead for the air-conditioned excess of fine restaurants and fancy shopping. Then leave the big city and discover the rest of Thailand.Here are some specific destinations to consider if you love an adventure:Koh Phangan: A quick flight from Bangkok can take you to the stunning islands in the Gulf of Thailand in a matter of minutes. The island that gets the most press is probably Samui, though its hippy sister just 25 minutes to the north draws a fun and natural crowd. Expect lots of sunshine and few hassles: No peddlers trying to sell you items on most of the island’s many beaches. Try some yoga, as it is everywhere on the island!Kanchanaburi: Just 3 hours west of Bangkok is Kanchanaburi province, covering a great expanse that borders up to Burma. With its 7 National Parks, Kanchanaburi offers the active traveler a great choice of activities from river rafting to wild jungle treks. Famous sites include: Bridge on the River Kwai, a hike on the tiered Erawan Waterfall, and The Tiger Temple.Kho Ya: Also about 3 hours north east of Bangkok is one of Thailand’s most stunning National Parks. Khao Yai (“big hill” in Thai) overlaps 4 provinces: Saraburi, Nakon Nayok, Nakon Ratchasima and Prajinburi. With more than 500,000 acres of land to explore, this stunning location provides the ultimate backdrop to camping, sightseeing and hiking.Happy travels!
Trying to live within your budget is a good thing, but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy high-quality traveling. In daily life you may need to travel within the country or abroad. Reasons for traveling may include company/business meetings and/or deals, seasonal vacations and visit to a sick relative etc. No need to be worried about because there are many traveling companies and agents to guide you for reasonably priced traveling ideas. Only things you require are time, effort and research in order to find these inexpensive opportunities. Numerous places of Central and South America are very cheap but tremendous to be visited.Following are some tips and recommendations for finding traveling packages under budget constraints:1. One of the best economical traveling ideas is to plan short vacations closer to your home or in a nearby city which you have never visited before.
2. Regardless of traveling through an airline or a cruise, plan to travel by car if your destinations is not much far. it the best option if you are traveling from city to city. But first take into account the time spend for traveling and price of fuel.
3. For foreign tours try to hire a well reputed and reliable travel agent. They know almost all the tricks of saving money even for an outstanding journey.
4. You may also book your vacation traveling at your own but a travel agent helps and guides you in finding and getting better deals.
5. You can significantly save your traveling expenditures by deciding to go for tour either in off-seasons or during mid-week.
6. Most of airlines, cruises, hotels and beach resorts offer especially designed discount traveling packages during off-peak times. In this way you may enjoy a luxurious tour at reasonable expenses.
7. Try to buy an all-inclusive vacation package because it includes all expenses from flight booking to everyday expenditures till your return to home.
8. Try to find out a suite with kitchen facility and bring some food along with you to save extra money. This is because in many sightseeing places not only accommodation but meal charges are quite high that may affect your budget badly.
9. Another cost effective tip while traveling abroad is use of credit card because most of the time special discounts have been offered on credit cards.
10. Check out online provides economical traveling vacation packages. Most of which include accommodations, flight charges and rental fee of cars etc.
11. Sign up with different online travel agencies in order to get e-mails regarding travel deals. You may also register yourself for getting weekly emails about special traveling packages under budget constraints.
12. Adjust your schedule of stay according to your available finances. You must shorten your residing time at the place where you can not save much money in any case.
13. Do not hesitate to compromise on location and quality of hotel room.
14. Settle on your requirements for easy choice of traveling package and proper bargaining before making search for package which can be best fit according to your budget.
15. Make quick decision and finalize your required travel deal as soon as you find it because usually these cost effective deals may not be offered for longer time period by companies
16. Utilize services of travel agents because of their easy access and information about travel packages suitable for limited budget. Generally, financially constrained deals are unavailable to the tourists directly.
17. Not always but occasionally booking at an eleventh hour may save a lot of your money because airlines and cruises usually lower the prices when near to depart.
18. While traveling through a cruise, try to acquire an inside cabin because these are less expensive than cabins at ocean view side.